What is laminate flooring?
For decades, laminate has been gaining popularity as an alternative to traditional solid hardwood or tile floors. New advances in manufacturing technology have propelled this flooring category from obscurity into the mainstream of interior design. Designed to look great for years with minimal maintenance, laminate is perfect for families with busy lifestyles.
Laminate floors are comprised of 4 main layers, bonded together:
- A backing for balance and stability
- A moisture-resistant core
- A wear-resistant decorative surface that takes on the look of hardwood grain or tile
- A clear, stain-resistant coating
More Benefits of
- Easy to install thanks to an adhesive-free interlocking tongue & groove system that can be installed over nearly any existing surface, including plywood, concrete, sheet vinyl, hardwood or other flat, hard substrates
- No adhesive means no waiting to walk on your new floors once they’ve been installed – the entire project can be done in as little as a day or two
- Care is simple – just vacuum or dust mop regularly to remove loose dirt, place floor protectors on your furniture legs, and use doormats to stop dirt before it enters your home
- A wide range of available styles & colors make laminate a versatile option for just about any home design.
- Expensive minerals & exotic wood species are more affordable to mimic with laminate
- Laminate never needs to be varnished, waxed or buffed