The First Rule of Laminate Care
If you purchase new flooring from We’ll Floor U, your product will likely come with official guidelines from the manufacturer regarding proper care and adherence to warranty.
Our number one tip for laminate care? Always consult those guidelines! If you use an improper tool or technique, you run the risk of voiding your warranty or doing irreversible damage to your floors.
Below are some safe, general best practices that will work for most laminate floors, assembled by the experts here at We’ll Floor U.
Simple Cleaning Tips
- Use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as possible and avoid allowing liquids to stand
- Sweep, dust or vacuum daily or weekly to pick up loose dirt & debris
- When vacuuming, use hard floor attachments and detach the beater bar to avoid scratches
- Never soak your floors or wet mop with soaps or detergents, as these can cause warping
- Neve buff, wax or polish the surface of your laminate
- Never use steel wool, ammonia, or other abrasives to clean laminate
Preventative Maintenance Tips
Laminate floors may be inherently durable, but they’re not indestructible! Take proper preventative measures to ensure the lasting beauty & performance of your floors.
Place doormats or rugs at all your home’s entryways to catch dirt that would otherwise get tracked in on the bottoms of shoes. You can also encourage family & guests to remove their shoes before entering your home with a shoe rack or other intentional storage area.
Glides or protective pads should be adhered to the bottoms of furniture legs to prevent scratching or dents. Additionally, when moving furniture, avoid dragging – always lift and place furniture gently, or use soft sliders when lifting is too difficult.
For more tips & information about the care & maintenance of your new laminate floors, contact us at We’ll Floor U!