Preparation is Essential
We’ll Floor U is here to help you through every step of the hardwood flooring buying process. Select your new floors in our showroom, get a professional on-site measurement, have your old flooring removed and your new hardwood installed by a team of our skilled flooring experts. Our installation service includes the moving of your furniture & the replacement of your trim.
Learn what to expect before, on and after your hardwood installation day to minimize the stress you may be experiencing.
What to Expect Before Installation Day
Follow this simple pre-installation checklist to ensure a problem-free hardwood flooring installation:
- We’ll determine ahead of time whether your existing floors need to be removed. You can opt to have us do this step for you or do it yourself.
- Let us know about any unusually large or bulky furniture items. Examples can include pianos & grandfather clocks. We may need to make special arrangements for these.
- Before we arrive to move your furniture, you may want to relocate fragile items, wall hangings & picture frames. It can also be helpful to empty drawers, cabinets & closets in the installation area.
- We’ll measure your door clearances & make recommendations for shaving or cutting your existing doors, if needed.
- If you’re doing a full room renovation and plan on painting, you should paint BEFORE your new hardwood is installed! This will eliminate the risk of you dripping paint on your newly laid floors.
It’s good to communicate any and all concerns or questions you have with us so that we can address them prior to your installation. Give our friendly sales staff a call any time!
What to Expect on Installation Day
Stay at Home.
You or another adult member of your household should be prepared to be at home on installation day. This way, you’ll be available in case the installation crew has questions. We’ll keep you updated on any changes in schedule as they happen.
Your installers will use a variety of tools and techniques that can make the work area hazardous. Please make sure that your children and pets are kept out of the work area on installation day.
Do a Walk-Through.
We recommend that, prior to the completion of the installation, you walk through the job with the lead installer. This will give you the opportunity to ask questions and be clear on any final details.
What to do After Installation Day
Air Out Your Space.
To reduce the presence of lingering dust and odors, establish good ventilation for 48 to 72 hours after installation. You can do this by running fans & opening windows, if possible.
The Bottom Line.
Being prepared for installation day through careful planning and smart preparation will make your life and the installers’ job a lot easier. It will also make your hardwood flooring experience enjoyable right from day one. The whole team here at We’ll Floor U is ready to help you get the most out of your beautiful hardwood floor.